25 S. Black Ave.
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406) 587-5404

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 8:00
Saturday: 8:00 - 6:00
Sunday: 9:00 - 5:00

Trail Passes & Permits

Get your Trail Passes and Permits at Owenhouse Cycling

As of October 1st, 2015 all "mechanized equipment" (including snowmobiles, motorized snow bikes and fat tire bikes) are required to have a Trail Pass to ride on any of the state's 4,000 miles of groomed trails. Trail passes vary for Montana residents and non-residents; lasting a different number of seasons before you need to renew. A "season" starts in July 1st and ends on June 30th of the following year.

Resident Trail Passes
$18 each
Valid for three seasons

Non-Resident Temporary Use Permits
$25 each
Valid for one season

The purchase of Trail Passes contributes to the grooming of the trails and the maintenance of the grooming equipment. The passes must be attached to the equipment (with the exception of rental equipment) and failure to have the proper pass can result in fines of up to $100. The passes are not for use in the National Parks System.

For more information on these passes and permits please visit the MT Fish, Wildlife & Parks website.